Tuesday 10 December 2013

(R/P) Barthes Narrative Codes



In my music video, there will be a huge enigma code throughout it, but this will remain unanswered which could perhaps frustrate my audience. However, I am still going ahead with this code because I believe that it will make my audience want to know more and stay interested, and they can also make up their own mind. The unanswered enigma will be the identity of Becky's lover/friend that she is mourning for during the whole video - but is she mourning because they are actually dead, or because they have left or, or what? The possibilities are endless and I want my audience to make up their own ideal to satisfy them.

Semantic codes could also feature in my music video, for example Becky will be wearing a red dress during some parts, which could connote danger, passion or romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment