Thursday 12 December 2013

(P) Creating Gold Text

Below is a step-by-step tutorial on how to create Del Rey's gold text (from this image).

1) I found a gold texture on Google and opened it in Adobe Photoshop

2) I then duplicated this layer

3) Next, I created an empty layer in between these layers

4) This layer is then filled with white

5) Now I select the duplicated layer and click the 'type' tool and write 'Lana Del Rey' in her signature font and make sure the selected font colour is white

6) This text layer is then dragged below the duplicated background layer

7) Again, I select the duplicated background layer, then go to Layer > Create Clipping Mask

8) Finally, I'm going to add a drop shadow and this is my final result:

I'm planning on using this technique when creating my magazine advertisement or my digipak as I think it looks really effective and professional, and also emphasises Lana Del Rey's style.

No comments:

Post a Comment