Monday 20 January 2014

(PP) Practice Music Video



In order to practice my filming and editing skills before I begin my main task I decided to film and edit together random shots to the beat of a song in an imitation of a music video.

I used a JVC camcorder in order to capture the footage, then I began to edit it using free software (VideoPad) on my laptop. I quickly began to dislike this software however as it was very basic and slow, so I decided to use the Macs in school and started to edit on Final Cut Express instead.

I chose the song Angels by The xx because it's very chilled and peaceful, very much like the shots I'd captured. The overall finished product doesn't have a storyline to it at all, the cuts just match to the beats of the song in parts, but I'm quite satisfied with it to say it's just a practice and my second time editing video.

No comments:

Post a Comment